Finally after months of anticipation and discussions, the Surface Pro is now available. The surface pro runs the new Windows 8 full version, which is just like having two operating systems at the same time and on the same device. A tablet operating system, with the colorful Home start screen tiles representing real time info and apps, and a Windows interface capable of running any windows programs.
Surface Pro Weighs 900 grams, and measures 10.81 x 6.81 x 0.53in, and is available in 64 GB (around 29GB available for use) for US$899 or 128GB of storage (around 89GB available for use) for US$999.
The Surface Pro features:
- Third-generation Intel Core i5 central processor
- Intel high definition graphics 4000 card
- 4 GB of dual channel RAM.
- 1920×1080 resolution screen
- 10.6 inch ClearType HD display touchscreen, with the capability of playing 16:9 videos.
- 720p HD front and rear facing cameras.
- WI-FI (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity
- Full-size USB 3.0 port
- MicroSDXC card reader
A touch cover that doubles as a keyboard is available for the Surface Pro and it is sold separately. The touch cover is very easy to connect to the tablet. There is also a Surface Pen that is sold separately and could be used for many apps in the Surface Pro.
Overall, the Surface Pro is the closest device out there so far that could serve as a tablet and a laptop at the same time. The Surface pro could be a kick start for a new category of devices.