Since there is no Start button on Windows 8, many new Windows 8 users are wondering where can they shut down and restart their Windows 8 from. In this article, we will explain different options of how to Shut down or Restart Windows 8.
To Shut down/ Restart Windows 8
- Point your cursor to the right upper corner of the start screen (or press WIN +C). This will open the Charms bar. Then select “Settings”. You can go directly to settings by pressing WIN + I.
- Click or tap on “Power”, and then click or tap Shut down. Note that you can also select Restart, Update or Sleep.
You can shut down using the old and popular Ctrl+Alt+Del method. Simply press Ctrl+Alt+Del which will display the options Shutdown, Restart and Sleep on the screen. Click on the action you want to perform.
You can shutdown Windows 8 using Command Prompt
Open your Windows 8 Run Command and type in ‘shutdown / s’ to Shut down or ‘ shutdown / r’ to restart and then hit the Enter key.
You can shut down your PC in Windows 8 using the Run command. From your start screen, start typing ‘ shutdown -s -t 0 ‘ and hit Enter.
You can bring up the Windows 8 Shut down dialog box by using the shortcut Alt +F4. Then from the drop down menu you can select Shut down, Restart, Sleep, Switch user or Sign out.
You can create a shortcut tile to shutdown or restart your Windows 8. Here’s how to Create Shutdown /Restart Shortcuts Tiles in Windows 8
You can Shutdown or Restart Windows 8 by using a shortcut key. To do this follow the below steps:
- First you need to Create Shutdown /Restart Shortcuts Tiles in Windows 8
- Right click on the shortcut you have created and select Properties.
- Type in the shortcut key you want to assign to the Shut down/Restart action.
- Click Apply/OK.